Welcome to Orange Jalapeños Finance! You might need this blog if you have ever said to yourself:
- “My finances are a hot mess, but I’m too overwhelmed to fix them.”
- “I’m afraid people will laugh at how little I know about money!”
- “I’m no good at [saving / investing / earning more money] and I’ll never be good at it.”
- “How am I going to ever have enough money to do what I really want to do?”
Nodding your head? Maybe even laughing or cringing in recognition? You’re in great company, because these are all things I’ve thought to myself (and sometimes, If I’m honest, I still do). Personal finance can be scary, but you’re definitely not alone in your journey! I’m walking right along there with you.
A Little About Me
My name is Maddie Orange, and the blog’s name is a nod to my maiden name + last name. I’m a wife, mom, chocolate lover, money nerd, and financial counselor, currently pursuing my Accredited Financial Counselor certification. I’m on the path to Financial Independence, but I’m also a recovering spendaholic and constantly need to remind myself of all the debt my husband and I worked so hard to pay off…so that I don’t incur more!
My hubby and I are currently debt free except for our mortgage, but we weren’t always that way! Medical debt, student debt, and credit card debt were all a part of our lives until a few years ago. And while my husband has always been fairly thrifty, I used to list “outlet shopping” as a favorite past time. I’ve come a long way from those days, but it still takes some willpower to just say no to Instagram ads!
So what does this mean for you?
It means that wherever your starting place is, you are welcome to this judgement-free zone. No Shame, No Blame, as Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez say in Your Money Or Your Life.
- Are you trying to pay off thousands of dollars in student debt? Check out this post for some ideas!
- What about figuring out what municipal bonds are? We’ve got that here, too!
- Do you just need a quick list of ways to stop hemorrhaging money right now? Done.
I’m so delighted that you’re here, and I can’t wait for you to take charge of your personal finances.